DEALER FAQ AND WHY TO CHOOSE US OVER CARFAX AND AUTOCHECK
EpicVIN.com provides accurate and comprehensive data on vehicles without overpays what makes us the best cost-effective alternative to other vehicle history report services. Our company is approved for first-level access to NMVTIS (National Motor Vehicle Title Information System). Our independent database filled with vehicle information which can be named the most accurate of its kind. What we offer is low pricing, perfect VIN history reports and excellent service.
How much does it cost?
Dealer membership monthly fee is $35 which includes 10 pre-paid Vehicle History Reports. If you need more than 10.00 it costs $5.5 per report or $5.5 if you choose to get it together with your potential customers’ leads.
Where can I see how many free reports I have left?
You can see the number on the top right of the screen when you are logged in.
Do I need to be a Dealer?
No, our program is not only for car dealerships. As long as you are a licensed business you can easily sign up and get vehicle history reports.
How can I join?
It's simple! Just visit our dealer signup page and fill in the form. Then agree to our terms and conditions and terms and conditions by NMVTIS. After that confirm the billing information and that is it. Now you can order reports. Please, note that you may be contacted by our customer support for registration confirmation.
What is SHORT report?
This type of report includes only basic information from auctions and other sources provided with photos of the vehicle and it’s damage. You can purchase it by packages only:
- 10 reports - $50
- 50 reports - $225
- 100 reports - $400
These VIN checks will stay on your account till you use them all.
What is STANDARD report?
It includes all the information which includes SHORT report plus the information provided by NMVTIS (National Motor Vehicle Title Information System). Please, note, that not all reports of this type have photos but the info provided there is more accurate. STANDARD report costs $5.5 if you do not have free reports left.
What is LEAD PLUS report?
It is completely the same as STANDARD report by it’s content but it allows you to get your potential buyer’s lead
- the person’s name, email address and phone number. Your shopper gets the report by sharing his contacts with
You just need to place a special link on your website.
- After you used a LEAD PLUS report click on “My inventory”.
- Then find your LEAD PLUS report you used and click on “Copy link” yellow button.
- Put it on your website by adding it in your code or just mail it out.
You may use our banners on your website. Just email us and we will provide you with some.
LEAD PLUS report costs $5.5 if you do not have free reports left. The number of leads you get is unlimited.
What is Auto-renew reports?
Your reports are available 60 days for Detailed reports and 90 days for Short ones. When this period ends the report becomes Expired. You can click Update to renew it or switch on auto-renew option.
How can I order reports?
Once you registered, login to see the VIN query search box. Enter one or several VINs, and click on "CHECK VIN(s)" button to get your report(s). If you need assistance, our support team is ready to help.
Can I share, store and/or manage my Vehicle History Reports?
Vehicle history reports can be viewed, printed, saved in PDF format or shared by public link in your account. The reports are stored on your account for 60 days.
How long can I use the report?
You have access to the report for 60 business days. You can check how many days left till expiration in your inventory.
What should I do after my report expires?
After report expiration you are able to update it for another 60 days. You can also switch on the option to update your reports automatically.
Can I enter your website using my mobile phone?
Our system is mobile-friendly, so you can enter and use our website with a help of mobile device..
How do I cancel my account?
If you decide to cancel, just fill out our Account Cancellation Form. The process may take up to 24 hours. As soon as it is carried out you get an email confirmation.
Is there any difference between ordering reports with a Dealer Account and through the Homepage?
The quality of our Vehicle History Reports in both variants is the same BUT if you participate in EpicVIN Dealer program you pay only $5.5 per report. If you use our homepage it is $8.99 per report.
What is NMVTIS-compliant report?
The National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) is created to protect consumers, carriers, salvage or junk yards from fraud and unsafe vehicles. DMVs must report on all vehicles they handle. As our company is NMVTIS approved data provider, all our reports meet strict requirements.
How to import from CSV file?
Go to “My inventory” and click “Export report list to CSV” and save the file on your computer. Open it and edit this file following these rules:
- VIN and Type (Short, Standard or Lead Plus) are MUST be filled in.
- If you wish to get SHORT report using your CSV file, please, make sure that you have enough prepaid reports of this type in your account.
- The “Order Date” field can stay empty. It is just for your information, so you could see when you ordered this report last time.
- If you are uploading the CSV file WITH new VIN number not listed in your account, a new report will be generated (chargeable).
- If you are uploading the CSV file WITH the VIN which report is already expired in your account, the report will be updated (chargeable).
- If you are uploading the CSV file WITH the VIN which report is active in your account, the report will stay without changes.
- If you are uploading the CSV file WITHOUT the VIN which report is still active in your account, the report will stay without changes.
- If you are uploading the CSV file WITHOUT the VIN which report is already expired in your account, this record will be deleted.
After you do it, save your file and upload it into your account by clicking on “Choose file” and then “Submit” button.